GHTC 2018 was held on October 18-21, 2018 in San Jose, CA.
Now in its 8th year, IEEE GHTC is an international flagship conference on the application of technology to meet the needs of underserved populations around the world and in support of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
To this end, a major focus is on cross-discipline/multi-discipline activities in the Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Technology space. An important focus is on community building.
Humanitarian Technology/Engineering involves the application of technology to improve the quality of life of the underserved populations, and to meet the challenges of both natural and man-made disasters.
GHTC strongly encourages submissions that utilize both applications of current technologies used in new ways and innovative technologies that address its goals. These submissions can include presentations, posters, workshops, panel discussions, and other formats which address the socio-cultural and socio-economical needs of vulnerable end user communities in both developed and developing countries. Submissions by public, private and end-user community representatives are very welcome.
Key focus areas for GHTC 2018 include (but are not limited to)
- Affordable & Clean Energy
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Clean Water & Sanitation
- Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change
- Connectivity & Communication
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities
- Social Science & Entrepreneurship
- Technology Enhanced Quality Education Delivery
- Technology Enhanced Healthcare
- Technology and Applications for Poverty Alleviation
- Other United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Technology Showcase (exhibit display)
Download GHTC 2018 CFP
GHTC 2018 Program Book (PDF, 3MB)
Student Poster Contestants
Student Poster Competition Award Winners
Title: Vision Buddy, Eye Test Station
Authors: Min Lee, Zach Horn, Adib Abou Zahr, Francis Anand
Affiliation: DeVry University, Newark, CA, USA
People’s Choice Award:
Title: Tech4D, Technology for Development
Theme: Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change
Author: Lo Xian Lin
Affiliation: Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- GHTC 2020 Student Poster Winners November 1, 2020
- Special Sessions at GHTC 2020 October 30, 2020
- Access to GHTC 2020 Plenary Sessions October 20, 2020
- Global Humanitarian Technology – What Is It? October 12, 2020
- Registration Open for GHTC 2020 August 12, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here