Information for Authors
Call for Late Papers open – use Late Papers Track
Review Call for Papers
As outlined in the Call for Papers, GHTC 2021 is inviting submissions for
- Oral-Only Presentation (1 – 2 page summary, no publication). This is appropriate for work-in-progress, projects at an early stage of implementation as well as an option for community representatives, practitioners, policy makers who prefer not to write a paper.
- Short Paper (3 – 4 pages in length including short reference section). This is appropriate for early stage projects or authors wishing to share a snapshot of interim results, experiences and perspectives.
- Full Paper (8 pages in length including full reference section). This is appropriate for mature work or sharing analysis of results from completed projects.
All submissions should share insight into the lessons learnt leveraging technology appropriately in a humanitarian activity in the context of the specific intervention (whether in a pilot, implementation, deployment, development or research phase). Please specifically address how societal and ethical implications of technology have been appropriately addressed. It is necessary to clearly state what contribution each submission is making to the body of knowledge related to the use of technology for humanitarian purposes and how the results are innovative in the context of the specific intervention.
Papers should focus on a specific thematic area.
All paper submissions must adequately address but is not limited to the following sub-sections within the IEEE paper template prior to converting to PDF format:
- Abstract (c. 150 words) – Summarise the problem domain, paper objectives, research methodology, main findings and recommendations.
- Introduction – Context and motivation for research or intervention, target need and community/communities addressed, paper objectives and statement of the contribution to the body of knowledge in this domain
- Methodology and Proposed Methods – Please summarise the methodologies used for data collection, sampling, data analysis in sufficient detail to support replicability. Outline the limitations of the study
- Results and Discussion – presentation of preliminary, early results or final results (depending on submission type selected), analysis and discussion of implications of results, comparison of findings with published literature. Summarise how societal and ethical implications of technology have been appropriately addressed.
- Conclusion and Recommendations – Summarise key findings, outline concrete recommendations and next steps
|Full Paper, Short Paper and Oral-only submission for review deadline|
|Special Sessions (e.g. demo, panel, discussion) deadline||June 15, 2021|
|Notification of acceptance / revision requirements||July 12, 2021 (revised)|
|Late Full Paper, Short Paper and Oral-only submission for review deadline||July 2, 2021|
|Late Submission Notification of acceptance / revision requirements||Late July 2021|
|Submission of Final Full Paper/Short Paper and Oral-only Presentation||August 14, 2021 (revised)|
|Author Copyright forms deadline||same as Final deadline|
|Author early registration deadline||August 14, 2021|
|Early registration deadline||August 14, 2021|
|Recorded presentations due||September 30, 2021|
Submission Site: EDAS GHTC 2021 site (<https://edas.info/N28417>).
Submission Schedule – Critical dates and deadlines for the submission of content to be considered in the conference proceedings
Submission Types & Instructions – List of submission types and instructions for each
Guidelines for a technical paper – Guidelines for developing a full paper and presentation for a technical paper
Guidelines for a poster presentation – Guidelines for developing a poster presentation
Conference templates – Templates for completing a technical paper, slideshow presentation, and poster presentation
Copyright transfer – Required for publication in the conference proceedings (e-Copyright in EDAS)
Policies – Requirements prohibiting plagiarism, dual submission, and falsification
Reviews and Reviewers – Information on Review Criteria and how to access reviewer’s comments by going to the EDAS paper display page.
Visa Request – Information on U.S. Visa request procedures
Author FAQ – Common questions from authors
Slideshow presentation – Creating and delivering a successful slideshow presentation (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
GHTC Slideshow Presentation Guideline (PDF)
Interactive (Poster) presentation – Creating and delivering a successful interactive poster presentation
GHTC Poster Presentation Guideline (PDF)
If you are unable to submit your paper online, please email the Program Committee by this form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Committee using this form.
- Call for Late Papers June 10, 2021
- GHTC 2021 Call for Papers March 16, 2021
- GHTC 2020 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore February 15, 2021
- GHTC 2020 Report February 14, 2021
- GHTC 2020 Student Poster Winners November 1, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here