GHTC 2019 was held October 17-20, 2019 in Seattle, WA, USA.
Now in its 9th year the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE forum for presenting and discussing humanitarian technology innovation and deployment. The technical focus of the Conference is complemented by an integrated understanding of broader contexts—economics, policy, culture, environment—that impact successful humanitarian technology implementation.
The mission for the conference is sharing practical technology enabled solutions addressing the needs of underserved populations and resource constrained environments around the world and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
Stakeholders from the public, private, education and research, societal, funding and donor sectors are invited to submit proposed papers (or presentations) sharing Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Technology related insights, experiences, good practices and lessons learnt from a research, policy, practitioner and/or community perspective. To this end, GHTC welcomes paper and presentation submissions in the Sustainable Development and Humanitarian/Appropriate/Assistive Technology spaces. Submissions by practitioners (governmental, for-profit and non-profit), academics, private sector actors and policy makers describing intervention design and implementation, field experiences and best practices, case studies, project monitoring and evaluation results, and original research are of particular interest.
As well as describing technological aspects, Authors and Presenters are encouraged to consider socio-cultural, socio-economic, environmental and policy perspectives, and how sustainable development best practices such as community engagement, capacity building, local ownership, co-design and Collaborative Open Innovation, Social Return on Investment (SROI), Theory of Change planning, and PESTLE analysis are applied. Submissions should describe the preliminary, final or expected results and impact.
The Conference theme of “Technology for the Benefit of Humanity” is presented in these focus areas:
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2)
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6)
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14)
GHTC 2019 Call for Papers (PDF)
GHTC 2019 Student Poster Competition Info
GHTC 2019 Program Overview (PDF)
GHTC 2019 Program Guide (PDF)
GHTC 2019 Exhibitors and Sponsors
GHTC 2019 Organizing Committee (PDF)
GHTC 2019 International Program Committee and Reviewers (PDF)
GHTC 2019 Photos
- Final CFP Extension GHTC 2020 May 16, 2020
- GHTC 2020 Student Poster Contest May 16, 2020
- IEEE Humanitarian Funding Opportunity for COVID-19 Projects April 3, 2020
- GHTC 2020 Call for Papers Deadline Extended April 2, 2020
- GHTC 2019 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore March 16, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here