The IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC) is a flagship international conference sharing practical technology-enabled solutions supporting achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) by addressing the needs of underserved communities in resource constrained environments around the world.
GHTC will cover a wide range of topics that include, but are not limited to:
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7): Generation, and Distribution of Renewable Energy; Off-grid Energy for Lighting, Cooking and Heating.
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2): Agricultural Technologies, Irrigation and Farming Practices.
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6): Clean Water; Sanitation; Solid Waste Management; Disease Vector Control; Drainage and Hygiene.
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development: Communication and Information Technologies, Systems, and Applications; Social Media and Its Application;
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8): Entrepreneurship Programs (including social entrepreneurship), Sustainable Business Models, Social Enterprises, Workforce Development Programs (e.g. digital literacy programs), Innovative Business Financing Models.
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery: Disaster Planning and Preparedness; Predictive, Warning and Response Systems; Community Mobilization; Monitoring and Evaluation of Community Response.
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3): Medical technology, Telemedicine, Mobile Clinics, Primary Care and Nutrition.
- Quality Education (SDG4): Training and Capacity Building; Programs; Methods and Service Learning.
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14): Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities; Infrastructure, Information, and Human Security; Shelters; Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change; Metrics and measurement; Technology Design, Adoption and Dissemination; Human-Centered System Design; Ocean Health and Climate Change Mitigation.
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution: Societal implications of technology introduction, implementation challenges for sustainable technologies, ethics and professional responsibility, risk management, public policy considerations.