- Registration Open for GHTC 2019 August 8, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Announces Plenary Panelists April 26, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Submission extension March 26, 2019
- IEEE HAC Event Grant and Scholarship Program for GHTC 2019 March 3, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Call for papers January 22, 2019
IEEE GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (GHTC)
Technology for the Benefit of Humanity
View GHTC 2019 CFP (PDF).
View GHTC 2018 highlights.
IEEE GHTC focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This cross-disciplinary annual conference provides the perfect venue for those interested in humanitarian projects to join their peers in Seattle (USA) in October 2019.
GHTC is an international flagship conference, focused on bringing together people working on the application of technology to addressing critical issues for the benefit of the resource-constrained and vulnerable populations in the world. It is a forum where IEEE works with developers and NGOs to identify the most pressing needs. We encourage participants from academia, for-profit and non-profit businesses, governmental and non-governmental organizations to attend and present research, ideas, and other considerations for the creation of effective humanitarian technology. We also invite participants to share case studies and lessons learned from deployment and application of humanitarian technologies.
- Foster exchange of information, networking, and cooperation in the humanitarian and emergency management fields.
- Focus attention on organizations which are enabling technologies in support of humanitarian principles and operations.
- Provide a forum where practitioners with technology challenges find ideas or solutions to those challenges.
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways lives of disadvantaged billions of people around the world.
- Attract young people to these professional fields by exploring science, engineering and technology (STEM) solutions addressing problems of the world’s vulnerable communities.
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class knowledgeable practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with attendees actively involved in the fields
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work, projects and ideas
- Find new resources and potential partners or investors
Fill out this form to be added to our mailing list.
Note: this process uses double opt-in – you will need to confirm your sign-up