IEEE GHTC focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This cross-disciplinary annual conference provides the perfect venue for those interested in humanitarian projects to join their peers in Seattle (USA) in October 2021.
GHTC is an international flagship conference, focused on bringing together people working on the application of technology to addressing critical issues for the benefit of the resource-constrained and vulnerable populations in the world. It is a forum where IEEE works with developers and NGOs to identify the most pressing needs. We encourage participants from academia, for-profit and non-profit businesses, governmental and non-governmental organizations to attend and present research, ideas, and other considerations for the creation of effective humanitarian technology. We also invite participants to share case studies and lessons learned from deployment and application of humanitarian technologies.
- Foster exchange of information, networking, and cooperation in the Sustainable Development, Humanitarian Technology, ICT4D (information and communication technologies for development) and Disaster Recovery spaces.
- Focus attention on organizations which are enabling or leveraging technologies and engineering expertise in support of Sustainable Development and the UN SDGs.
- Provide a forum where practitioners can share solutions or identify solutions or potential partners when addressing specific Societal Challenges.
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways the lives of disadvantaged billions of people around the world.
- Attract young people to these professional fields by exploring science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) solutions addressing problems of the world’s vulnerable communities.
The conference theme of “Technology for the Benefit of Humanity” includes these UN SDG focus areas:
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2)
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6)
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8)
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14)
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class knowledgeable practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with attendees actively involved in the fields
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work, projects and ideas
- Find new resources and potential partners or investors
Fill out this form to be added to our mailing list.
Note: this process uses double opt-in – you will need to confirm your sign-up