- IEEE Humanitarian Funding Opportunity for COVID-19 Projects April 3, 2020
- GHTC 2020 Call for Papers Deadline Extended April 2, 2020
- GHTC 2019 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore March 16, 2020
- Top 50 most popular papers from GHTC proceedings March 4, 2020
- Top cited papers from GHTC March 4, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here
2020 TECHNICAL SPONSORS
IEEE GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (GHTC)
Technology for the Benefit of Humanity
GHTC 2020, October 29-November 1, Seattle, WA
CFP Deadline Extended to 1-May. View GHTC 2020 CFP (PDF).
Action plans are now in place to support a Hybrid Conference (combining both physical and virtual participation) should the impact of COVID-19 prevent some presenters and delegates travelling to attend the conference.
View GHTC 2019 highlights.
IEEE GHTC focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This cross-disciplinary annual conference provides the perfect venue for those interested in humanitarian projects to join their peers in Seattle (USA) in October 2020.
GHTC is an international flagship conference, focused on bringing together people working on the application of technology to addressing critical issues for the benefit of the resource-constrained and vulnerable populations in the world. It is a forum where IEEE works with developers and NGOs to identify the most pressing needs. We encourage participants from academia, for-profit and non-profit businesses, governmental and non-governmental organizations to attend and present research, ideas, and other considerations for the creation of effective humanitarian technology. We also invite participants to share case studies and lessons learned from deployment and application of humanitarian technologies.
- Foster exchange of information, networking, and cooperation in the Sustainable Development, Humanitarian Technology, ICT4D (information and communication technologies for development) and Disaster Recovery spaces.
- Focus attention on organizations which are enabling or leveraging technologies and engineering expertise in support of Sustainable Development and the UN SDGs.
- Provide a forum where practitioners can share solutions or identify solutions or potential partners when addressing specific Societal Challenges.
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways the lives of disadvantaged billions of people around the world.
- Attract young people to these professional fields by exploring science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) solutions addressing problems of the world’s vulnerable communities.
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class knowledgeable practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with attendees actively involved in the fields
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work, projects and ideas
- Find new resources and potential partners or investors
Fill out this form to be added to our mailing list.
Note: this process uses double opt-in – you will need to confirm your sign-up