Winners of the Photos Contest as announced at the Conference.
First Place: Vijaya Lakshmi 2 (India)
Description: The solar initiative aims to test and demonstrate the utility of solar applications to meet the power requirements of the Common Service Centres (CSCs) established in remote areas of the country and provide lighting opportunities to the communities they serve, based on a revenue model. A user from Jammu and Kashmir is shown in the photo with the solar lantern she rents from CSCs to light her home.
Second Place: Julian O’Shea 1 (Australia)
Description: Engineers Without Borders member Alanta Colley and local children build a solar cooker as part of NAIDOC Week – a celebration of Australian Aboriginal Culture at Yorta Yorta Nation – Victoria.
Third Place: Alex Moseson 6 (USA)
Description: A group of self-taught mechanics in remote Bo Klua, Thailand brainstorm design improvements for an ergonomic labor-saving planter with Drexel Thai Harvest founder Alex Moseson.
- Report on IEEE GHTC 2019 January 20, 2020
- Student Poster Competition Results October 29, 2019
- Judd Walson joins GHTC 2019 Health Panel October 17, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Program Guide Available October 14, 2019
- IEEE Smart Village Session at GHTC 2019 October 11, 2019
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here