Student Poster Competition 2019
GHTC 2019 Student Poster Competition Guidelines
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 8-OCTOBER
GHTC 2019 invites undergraduate students to submit abstracts for the Student Poster Competition. Download flyer (PDF)
Students are invited to send in ideas or designs for developing projects/products supporting the Key focus areas of GHTC 2019 include (but are not limited to):
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7): Generation, and Distribution of Renewable Energy; Off-grid Energy for Lighting, Cooking and Heating.
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2): Agricultural Technologies, Irrigation and Farming Practices.
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6): Clean Water; Sanitation; Solid Waste Management; Disease Vector Control; Drainage and Hygiene.
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development: Communication and Information Technologies, Systems, and Applications; Social Media and Its Application;
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3): Medical technology, Telemedicine, Mobile Clinics, Primary Care and Nutrition.
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery: Disaster Planning and Preparedness; Predictive, Warning and Response Systems; Community Mobilization; Monitoring and Evaluation of Community Response.
- Quality Education (SDG4): Training and Capacity Building; Programs; Methods and Service Learning.
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14): Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities; Infrastructure, Information, and Human Security; Shelters; Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change; Metrics and measurement; Entrepreneurship and Business Models; Technology Design, Adoption and Dissemination; Human-Centered System Design; Ocean Health and Climate Change Mitigation.
The selected posters will be displayed during the GHTC 2019 Student Poster Session, on Thursday, October 17, being held in Seattle, WA USA.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is midnight US Pacific Time,
September 27 October 8, 2019.
Notification of acceptance will be sent out a week after this deadline.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Poster authors must be undergraduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students.
- At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest.
- The poster should be fully the work of the student(s) and completed before they have received their respective engineering or scientific degree.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To participate in the Competition students should write a 400-500-word description (abstract) of the poster, along with authors names, respective university and contact details; and submit using the form below.
The abstracts will be reviewed and authors notified about the acceptance of their poster by October 3rd. If you have any questions or problems submitting your abstract, please contact: Prof. Mostafa Mortezaie, at email@example.com
After the abstract is accepted, contestants will need to register for the contest at https://ghtc-student.eventbrite.com/ and prepare a poster of no larger than 48 x 36 inches and on a tri-fold board.
|October 8, 2019||Submission of Deadline for Poster Abstract|
|October 11, 2019||Notification of Acceptance|
|October 14, 2019||Submission of accepted final posters PDF|
|October 17, 2019||Final Poster Display During Conference|
Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
People’s Choice Award-$250
Information on the winners will be posted on the GHTC and IEEE Region 6 websites.
RULES REGARDING SUBMISSIONS
1. Poster authors must be undergraduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students.
2. At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest.
3. The poster should be fully the work of the student(s) and completed before they have received their engineering or scientific degree.
4. The poster abstract should not be previously published or presented at another conference which has assigned copyright. If any plagiarism or copyright issues are found for the abstract, it will not be accepted.
5. Poster abstracts must be submitted by the deadline. Abstracts submitted afterward will not be considered for evaluation.
6. The organizing/review committee of the GHTC Student Poster Competition reserves the right to accept or reject any abstract without assigning any reason.
1. Posters must be tri-fold and may be no larger than 36”x48”
2. Posters will be placed to stand alone on the tables
POSTER SESSION SCHEDULE AND SET UP FOR CONTESTANTS
1. Set up begins at 4:00 pm. At least one of the authoring students must be present at the GHTC Student Poster Competition.
2. Poster boards will be numbered. Presenters should attach their posters to the board number corresponding to the number assigned to their poster.
3. The poster session starts at 5:00 pm and ends by 8:00 pm.
4. Judging will occur from 5:00-6:00 pm.
5. Take down by presenters no later than 8:30 pm. Posters not removed by 8:30 pm will be taken to the Registration area.
6. If selected as one of the winning posters, you will be recognized during the Poster Award Ceremony at 7:00 pm and will receive your prize. Winners will need to file appropriate US tax forms.
7. The GHTC may request that prize posters be held temporarily for public display.
After the poster is accepted, contestants must register at https://ghtc-student.eventbrite.com/. Registration is not required to submit an abstract.
Registration fee is $50 per poster with a maximum of two presenters (at least one student has to be an IEEE student member – https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/index.html ). This includes access to the YP Reception where the poster award ceremony is held.
Additional students may participate as the audience by registering for the YP Reception at $40 per student. At least one student should be present and all students are responsible for all their travel cost.
If you encounter a problem with the form, email the names and contacts with the abstract to Prof. Mostafa Mortezaie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GHTC 2020 Call for Papers February 1, 2020
- Report on IEEE GHTC 2019 January 20, 2020
- Student Poster Competition Results October 29, 2019
- Judd Walson joins GHTC 2019 Health Panel October 17, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Program Guide Available October 14, 2019
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here