Conference Mission & Themes
Humanitarian Technology/Engineering involves the application of technology to improve the quality of life of the underserved populations, and to meet the challenges of both natural and man-made disasters.
GHTC strongly encourages submissions that utilize both applications of current technologies used in new ways and innovative technologies that address its goals. These submissions can include presentations, posters, workshops, panel discussions, and other formats which address the socio-cultural and socio-economical needs of vulnerable end user communities in both developed and developing countries. Submissions by public, private and end-user community representatives are very welcome.
- Foster exchange of information, networking, and cooperation in the humanitarian and emergency management fields.
- Focus attention on businesses who are enabling technologies in support of humanitarian principles and ways of operating.
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways lives of disadvantaged billions of people around the world.
- Explore science, engineering and technology solutions for vulnerable communities and attract young people to these professional fields.
- Highlight technologies that promote successful practice, and attract humanitarian and emergency management practitioners in order to learn from their successes and better guide future research.
Key focus areas for GHTC include (but are not limited to):
- Affordable & Clean Energy
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Clean Water & Sanitation
- Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change
- Connectivity & Communication
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities
- Technology Enhanced Quality Education Delivery
- Technology Enhanced Healthcare
- Technology and Applications for Poverty Alleviation
- Other United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Technology Showcase (exhibit display)
- Registration Open for GHTC 2020 August 12, 2020
- Preliminary Speaker Announcement June 3, 2020
- Toshio Fukuda June 3, 2020
- Kathy Land June 3, 2020
- Melissa Sassi June 3, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here