The deadline for GHTC 2019 submissions has been extended to 17-May (Final) (from 19-April).
- We are still seeking a few more reviewers; the peer-review process is a critical part of ensuring the quality and novelty of the papers and presentations at GHTC. If you are willing to be a reviewer, please complete the brief application form linked here. Please note that the timeline for paper submission and review has changed from previous years, with reviews starting in April. We expect that each reviewer will be asked to review 4 to 6 submissions.
- GHTC 2019 authors whose papers are accepted can apply for the IEEE HAC Conference Participation Program. This program provides a number of partial scholarships to support participation at 2019 conferences with a sustainable development and humanitarian technology focus or component. The objective is to facilitate more extensive networking, sharing of experiences and partnership building, and reduce potential economic barriers to participation by IEEE volunteers active in the sustainable development space. See article here for more info.
The Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE forum for presenting and discussing humanitarian technology innovation and deployment. The technical focus of the Conference is complemented by an integrated understanding of broader contexts—economics, policy, culture, environment—that impact successful humanitarian technology implementation.
The ninth annual GHTC will take place in Seattle, Washington, USA, October 17– 20th 2019. It is the perfect venue for those from the public, private, education and research, societal, funding and donor sectors to join their peers. Submissions accepted thru 19-April.
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2)
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6)
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Communication/Connectivity in Support of Development
- Other Related UN SGDs (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14)
See topic details at http://ieeeghtc.org/author-central/call-for-papers/
Three types of submissions are possible for presentation at GHTC:
- Full Papers are appropriate for mature work or completed projects and should not exceed eight pages;
- Short Papers are appropriate for early stage projects or authors wishing to share a snapshot of results-in-progress, experiences and perspectives, and should be three to four pages in length including a short reference section.
- Oral-Only (Poster) Presentations are appropriate for work-in-progress, projects in the pre-implementation stage as well as an option for practitioners, policy makers or community representatives who do not want to write a paper. Oral-Only submissions should be described in one or two pages.
All submissions are in PDF/A format.
Short Papers and Oral-Only Presentations will be accepted for presentation either during a paper session or poster session at the discretion of the Program Committee.
Complementing the 2019 IEEE GHTC Conference Proceedings, accepted papers presented during the conference will also be submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore®.
See the author submission process and guidelines at www.ieeeghtc.org/author-central.
|Full Paper, Short Paper and Oral-only submission for review deadline||
May 17, 2019
|Special Sessions (e.g. demo, panel, discussion) deadline||June 15, 2019|
|Notification of acceptance / revision requirements (19-Apr deadline)||
May 27, 2019
|Notification of acceptance / revision requirements (17-May deadline)||July 1, 2019|
|Submission of accepted Full Paper/Short Paper and Oral-only Presentation||July 31, 2019|
|Author Copyright forms deadline||July 31, 2019|
|Author early registration deadline||September 16, 2019|