GHTC 2020 features several sessions of special interest over the next few days:
- Special Interest Session: “EPICS in IEEE – empowering students solve local community problems” (Friday Oct. 30 2:50-3:10 p.m. PT)
How to execute a community service project with IEEE’s support (through EPICS in IEEE).
- IEEE HAC Panel on COVID-19 (Saturday Oct. 31 10am PDT)
How HAC/SIGHT responded to the COVID pandemic – vision and process improvements with examples of some funded projects and building collaboration opportunities.
- GHTC 10th Anniversary (Oct 31 Noon PDT)
GHTC 2020 celebrates the 10th anniversary for IEEE GHTC. The anniversary program will consist of some remarks and two panel discussions, one on the evolution of GHTC and the other on IEEE’s role in Humanitarian Technology.
- Special Interest Session: Diversity and Inclusion in Engineering (Saturday Oct. 31 3:30-4:30 p.m.)
Interactive discussion led by Tom Coughlin, past President IEEE-USA
This talk discusses the IEEE response to institutional racism and the issues with diversity and inclusion in the engineering professions. It also gives several examples of what IEEE members have done to help improve diversity and inclusions and ends with a discussion with the attendees on what they can do to improve diversity and inclusion in the technical professions.
- Closing Session and Keynote (Sunday Nov. 1 Noon-1 p.m. PST)
Closing remarks and presentation on Digital Literary with Melissa Sassi, “DQ, a measure for determining one’s digital intelligence”