The five finalists in the GHTC 2013 Student Paper Contest are:
- “Detection of Knee Hyper Extension using Wearable Inertial Sensors” – Sri Gowtham Thakku, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- “Heal-Well: Health and Wellness Monitoring gadget for Home Bound Elders” – Vivek Jayakrishnan and Team, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, India
- “Sound Localisation and Visualisation Device” – Alex Chandykunju and Team, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Kerala University, India
- “An electronic solution to automate the process of Grade-1 Braille training” – Piotr Osuch and Team, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- “Mobile Controlled Farm Management Aider” – Deepak Venkateswaran and Team, College of Engineering Trivandrum, India
Additional countries of submission included Australia, Bangladesh, Palestine and the USA.