The Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE conference for presenting, discussing, and developing technological solutions to global humanitarian challenges. GHTC attracts presenters and attendees who work to meet the needs of populations affected by poverty, disaster, conflict, environmental change, and other impacts resulting in their needs being unmet or underserved.
In order to create and promote sustainable, holistic humanitarian solutions; the technical focus of the Conference is complemented by an integrated understanding of broader contexts such as economics, policy, culture, and the environment. GHTC welcomes participation by individuals and organizations from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including engineers, scientists, academics, small-businesses, corporations, philanthropists, foundations, and government and non-government organizations.
The Conference theme of “Technology for the Benefit of Humanity” is presented in five tracks:
- Energy—infrastructure and off-grid power, renewable, transportation, lighting, cooking & heating
- Health—medical technology, telemedicine, mobile care, primary care
- Disaster, connectivity, and communication—disaster warning & avoidance, disaster response, disaster management, networks, remote communication, communication technologies
- Humanitarian challenges and opportunities—education, housing, supply chain & distribution, business development
- Water and agriculture—clean water, sanitation, irrigation, farming practices & agricultural technologies
Submissions: Authors may submit content in the form of a technical paper, a lightning talk, a poster, or a special session such as a presentation, panel or workshop. All submissions require an abstract, draft, and final submission. See Submission Types and Instructions page here.
Key dates include:
March 31 April 7 Abstract submission deadline
April 17 Notification of abstract acceptance
May 27 June 3 Draft submission for review deadline
June 19 June 27 Notification of draft acceptance / revision requirements
July 18 Final submission
July 18 Author early registration deadline
August 4 Notification of final submission acceptance
More information on sessions, submission requirements and deadlines, registration for the conference, hotel reservations and exhibiting is available on the website. Information and resources for authors is found in the Author Central. Please note:
- At least one author of the submission must attend and present at the Conference
- All submissions must be posted online at www.ieeeghtc.org/author-central
- All submissions must follow content & length guidelines available at www.ieeeghtc.org/author-central
- Necessary revisions must be completed before final acceptance
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email
- International attendees are responsible for obtaining the proper Visas
See Policies page for details.
The Technical Program Chair oversees the review process for papers, presentations, and posters. Technical Track Co-Chairs are responsible for overseeing the submissions and reviewers within their technical track.
For more information see the Review Team page.
Conference content that meet IEEE quality review standards will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Accepted presentations will be posted on the GHTC website with the author’s consent. Electronic media containing all accepted GHTC abstracts and papers will be distributed to registered attendees.