Call For Papers 2013
Call For Papers 2013 and paper submission are closed.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are pleased to invite you to participate in the program for GHTC 2013.
The Conference will take place on October 20 – 23, 2013, in Silicon Valley – San Jose, California USA.
This 3rd annual cross-disciplinary conference will again bring together technologists, engineers, scientists, investors, field project managers, representatives from NGOs, governments, academia, and industry. It promotes discussions and development of solutions for present and future humanitarian needs. The Conference will provide an opportunity to share your work, meet others involved in humanitarian work, formulate projects with new partners.
To be held in Silicon Valley – a community famed for leading-edge technological innovations, world-class academia researchers, and technology investors – IEEE GHTC 2013 will offer a wealth of opportunities to improve your knowledge and expand your network and reach.
The Conference Program will include paper presentations, plenary and invited talks, tutorial sessions, poster sessions, exhibits, a tour, many opportunities for social and professional networking, and five contests:
- Student Paper Contest
- Student Poster Contest
- Photo Contest
- Short-Video Contest
- Young Professional Project Contest
Following the Conference theme of “Technology for the benefit of humanity”, topics include but are not limited to:
- Health, Medical Technology, Telemedicine
- Water Planning, Availability and Quality
- Disaster Warning, Avoidance, and Response
- Power Infrastructure/Off-grid Power/Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Connectivity and Communications Technologies (data/voice) for Remote Locations
- Educational Technologies
- Agricultural Technologies
- Applying Science, Engineering and Technology for Environmental Sustainability
- Humanitarian Challenges and Opportunities
More information on technical sessions, registration for the conference, hotel reservations and exhibiting is available on the GHTC 2013 website.
Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Electronic media containing all accepted GHTC 2013 submissions will be distributed to registered attendees.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 20, 2013
- All submissions should be full papers. Abstract-only submissions will not be accepted.
- Authors should read the paper guidelines at http://www.ieeeghtc.org/author-central/author-guidance/ .
- All submissions must be done online. Log in to https://ieeeghtc.org/author-central/ for instructions and submissions.
- All submissions must be written in English. Submissions must not be longer than 6 pages; submissions over 6 pages will not be considered. Minimum font is 10 point, single-spaced, and submissions may include figures, illustrations, and graphs.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent July 15, 2013 via email only, and posted on the website. Authors of unaccepted submissions will be also notified July 15, 2013 by email.
- Authors of accepted papers will have an opportunity to revise their submissions for inclusion in the electronic media until August 6th, 2013.
Whether you are interested in humanitarian activities in the developed or developing world, we look forward to seeing you at GHTC 2013 this coming fall.
Keith Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Chair, GHTC 2013
- GHTC 2020 Student Poster Winners November 1, 2020
- Special Sessions at GHTC 2020 October 30, 2020
- Access to GHTC 2020 Plenary Sessions October 20, 2020
- Global Humanitarian Technology – What Is It? October 12, 2020
- Registration Open for GHTC 2020 August 12, 2020
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here