Review Criteria and Contact
The Technical Program Chair oversees the review process for papers, presentations, and posters. Technical Track Co-Chairs are responsible for overseeing the submissions and reviewers within their technical track.
Multiple reviewers are assigned to each submission. Reviewer comments are sent to the Track Co-Chair for final review before notifying authors. All reviewer information is kept confidential.
Review Criteria for Full Papers
GHTC submitted papers will undergo a peer-review process, receive a minimum of 2 reviews per paper, and be judged against the five criteria below:
1. Relevance: Paper should share insight, experiences and lessons learned through the lens of pilot, implementation, deployment, development or research projects leveraging technology for humanitarian activities. Consider relevance to one or more conference technical tracks and GHTC theme.
2. Validity: Quality of argument and interpretation in paper is well-structured, logical, appropriate, and well-grounded in relevant theory as well as within the actual experiences and realities of humanitarian practices.
3. Contribution: Paper should have significant contribution to the body of knowledge related to the use of technology for humanitarian purposes. Presents timely, novel and original knowledge of ideas, information, problems, interpretation or solutions in relation to existing practice (programs, use and ways of working) and academic research (theory, techniques, paradigms). Provides potential for positively impacting practice and research (including design, engineering, use or understanding).
4. Methodological Basis & Rigor: Paper should reflect high quality of research design, and appropriateness of methods to include clear description of data/findings, quality and appropriateness of analyses, evaluation of consequences of interventions, and strengths and limitations of the study to support replication and external validation.
5. Clarity & Accessibility: Paper should be written in standard English, have a short descriptive title, be well-structured, apply formatting and style guidelines, present tables and graphics that add value, and be of appropriate length suitable to content.
Contact Review Team
If you have questions about the review process or would like to be a reviewer, please contact the Program Chair using the form below.
- GHTC 2020 Call for Papers February 1, 2020
- Report on IEEE GHTC 2019 January 20, 2020
- Student Poster Competition Results October 29, 2019
- Judd Walson joins GHTC 2019 Health Panel October 17, 2019
- GHTC 2019 Program Guide Available October 14, 2019
Visit us on:
Your logo could be here