GHTC 2021 invites undergraduate students to submit abstracts for the Online Student Poster Competition. The Competition will be held Online during GHTC 2021 (October 19-22) on Tuesday October 19, 4-6 PM PT. Both a “written” (poster) and “oral” (recorded MP4 presentation) are required. Download flyer (PDF)
Students are invited to send in ideas or designs for developing projects/products supporting the Key focus areas of GHTC 2021:
- Affordable & Clean Energy
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Clean Water & Sanitation
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development
- Good Health and Well Being
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Quality Education
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution:
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
For full details, topics and submission rules check out the Student Poster Competition page.
The selected posters will be presented during the GHTC 2021 ONLINE Student Poster Competition, on Tuesday, October 19, from 4-6 PM PT.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is midnight US Pacific Time, October 8, 2021.
Notification of acceptance will be sent out a week after the original deadline and next day after extended deadline.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Poster authors must be undergraduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students.
- At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest.
- The poster should be fully the work of the student(s) and completed before they have received their respective engineering or scientific degree.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To participate in the Competition students should write a 400-500-word description (abstract) of the poster, along with authors names, respective university and contact details; and submit in PDF using the form here.
The abstracts will be reviewed and authors notified about the acceptance of their poster by October 12th. If you have any questions or problems submitting your abstract, please contact: Prof. Mostafa Mortezaie, at firstname.lastname@example.org
After the abstract is accepted, contestants will need to register for the contest and prepare a poster of no larger than 48 x 36 inches in PDF and an up-to-10-minute recorded presentation in MP4.
Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Place Award-$750
2nd Place Award-$500
3rd Place Award-$250
Note: contest registration is separate from GHTC registration and does not cover attendance at the GHTC.