Registration for GHTC 2019 is now Open.
The 9th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2019) is an international flagship conference sharing practical technology enabled solutions addressing the needs of underserved populations and resource constrained environments around the world and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
GHTC 2019 will have an exciting and varied program of workshops, panels, keynotes and technical presentations.
GHTC 2019 takes place from Noon Thursday October 17 through mid-day Sunday October 20. See the preliminary program grid here.
Thursday afternoon features a set of 1/2 day workshops included with your GHTC full registration:
- Applied Machine Learning for Social Good
- Interactive sand-pit workshop: Modern Energy Cooking Services
- Fundamentals of Off-Grid Electrical Systems
A Student Poster Contest and Student Job Fair are being planned for Thursday afternoon. Watch for the announcement and (separate) registration information.
Plenary Panels addressing:
- Disaster Recovery, Disadvantaged Communities and Displaced People (Friday)
John Berglund, Territorial Emergency/Disaster Services Director, The Salvation Army USA
Stanley Atcitty, Navajo Nation
Jim Conrad, IEEE MOVE, UNC-Charlotte USA
- Health (Saturday)
Tim Wood, Senior Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Skye Gilbert, Deputy Director, Digital Health, PATH
- Energy (IEEE Smart Village, TBA)
Keynotes and remarks will include: Neil Sahota, UC Irvine (AI for good); IEEE-USA President Tom Coughlin, and others TBA.
The preliminary Technical Program (see preliminary list of papers) features 32 sessions:
- 1 session on Quality Education (SDG4)
- 5 sessions on Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7)
- 8 sessions on Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- 4 sessions on Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- 4 sessions on Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2)
- 3 sessions on Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development
- 4 sessions on Other UN SDGs
- 3 sessions on Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6)
Several Special Sessions TBA.
Session assignments for papers will be posted soon.
GHTC 2019 is sponsored by IEEE Region 6, IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE SSIT (Society on Social Implications of Technology) with technical sponsorship by IEEE-USA, IEEE CES, EMBS, MTT-S, PES and IEEE Smart Village.