The IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE forum for presenting and discussing humanitarian technology innovation and deployment. IEEE GHTC 2019 invites undergraduate students to submit abstracts for the Student Poster Competition. Download flyer (PDF)
Students are invited to send in ideas or designs for developing projects/products supporting the Key focus areas of GHTC 2019 include (but are not limited to):
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7): Generation, and Distribution of Renewable Energy; Off-grid Energy for Lighting, Cooking and Heating.
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2): Agricultural Technologies, Irrigation and Farming Practices.
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6): Clean Water; Sanitation; Solid Waste Management; Disease Vector Control; Drainage and Hygiene.
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development: Communication and Information Technologies, Systems, and Applications; Social Media and Its Application;
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3): Medical technology, Telemedicine, Mobile Clinics, Primary Care and Nutrition.
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery: Disaster Planning and Preparedness; Predictive, Warning and Response Systems; Community Mobilization; Monitoring and Evaluation of Community Response.
- Quality Education (SDG4): Training and Capacity Building; Programs; Methods and Service Learning.
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14): Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities; Infrastructure, Information, and Human Security; Shelters; Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change; Metrics and measurement; Entrepreneurship and Business Models; Technology Design, Adoption and Dissemination; Human-Centered System Design; Ocean Health and Climate Change Mitigation.
The selected posters will be displayed during the GHTC 2019 Student Poster Session, on Thursday, October 17, being held in Seattle, WA USA.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is midnight US Pacific Time, September 27, 2019.
Notification of acceptance will be sent out a week after this deadline.
Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
People’s Choice Award-$250
For details on participation, rules and how to submit your poster, see https://ieeeghtc.org/program/student-poster-compeition/